Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You Might Be a Redneck If...


1. A midweek dinner includes biscuits, chicken fried steak, corn, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese AND gravy.


2. There is food being served in a pan on the table.


3. There are two foods being served in pans on the table.


4. Your plates do not match.


5. Your daughter is fixin' her plate before anyone else gets to the table.


6. You say fixin' on your redneck list.


7. Your napkins are paper.


8. Your napkins (that are paper) are thrown haphazardly on the plates (that don't match) with a fork and your oldest child calls this setting the table.


9. Someone's water is still in the bottle instead of in a glass.
10. Probably because you don't have enough matching glasses to set the table.

11. The butter is in a tub.


12. There is camo gear thrown over a chair during the entire meal.


13. You have no qualms about posting a picture displaying your redneckness to the world (a.k.a. the 17 people that read your blog).


14. I didn't want to end on thirteen.


15. You are too superstitious to end your redneck list on thirteen.

9 comments:

John Deere Mom said...

Did you sneak over and take a picture of my kitchen?!

Jax said...

Looks good to me....but hey what do I know!

Tammie said...

guilty!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rednecks gotta eat, too! (I'm sure that menu beats the McDonald's that many of us had tonight!)

Choosy Mothers Choose Jeff said...

This isn't normal?
Throw in plastic silverware, green beans uncooked in a can and move the table into the living room in front of the television and you've got my Christmas!

Jackie said...

Like Tammie...I'm guilty, as most of us in this area are!

"You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening."

Marty Devine said...

It's like a redneck version of an I Spy book!

I would rate that at about 80% redneck. Things that were missing were the dogs, paper plates instead of real plates, and styrofoam cup of chaw juice on the table.

Other than that, keep up the good work! You'll hit 100% someday soon!

joyfuljourney said...

Was there belching going on? Did you feed the dogs table food while eating your meal?

This is hilarious!

At least you cooked. You know the other alternative here in town can be just as redneck!

BTW, if MomofThree reads this - I am leaving this comment during nap time. The clock on here is wrong. :-)

Sharon said...

Hey...I don't get the point. Isn't this the way everyone serves dinner? I want my camo back plaese.