Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Power Team

Tonight the Power Team came to visit our community. Actually they will be here for five nights, but tonight was the first. If you don't know anything about the Power Team check out their website http://www.thepowerteam.com/. They are incredible and bring a wonderful message in a way that captures the attention of the youth.

We started working to raise money to bring them here, gosh, months ago. Several of the local churches did fund raisers and some of the businesses donated too. I was a little disappointed to see that we didn't totally fill the high school auditorium on the first night. But boy howdy, I was NOT disappointed by the end of the altar call. Guys, over 100 people came forward. That is AMAZING in a town this size. Most of them were teens and that is almost half of our high school enrollment. Can you imagine the change this can make in this town and in our schools? Some of the people were older though. I even took down contact information from a lady that was about seventy years old. I am so happy that she found the Lord! I couldn't stop crying. And smiling. And crying some more. And smiling some more. I was all teeth and tears.

The 'show' started out with stack after stack of wood being lit on fire after they were doused with some type of fuel. Now remember this was in the high school. My husband is the high school principal and gave them permission to have the rally there. People, you should have seen that man's face! I thought he was going to have an aneurysm on the spot! I can just see visions of the school burning down dancing in his head. But things went fine. They broke all the wood, nobody caught on fire and everybody was happy. Of course Dave had to go to the men's room shortly there after and I am convinced it's because he almost messed his britches!!!

As I said earlier the Power Team will be here through Sunday so pray that God continues to move in the hearts of the people in our town. I am helping sell stuff, usher during offering and with the Altar call. It will be a busy week, but well worth every second!!!

Side Note: The Power Team visited our elementary school earlier today and Brookie is now crushing on a 21 year old man with muscles bigger than she is! What am I going to do with that child?

5 comments:

Jax said...

That's wonderful!
As for your question "What am I going to do with that child" I will give you the answer that Granny gave me about Hoss when he was just a few months old...
"You just have to love them, the rest takes care of it's self"
**please note she referred to him as Hodgkins but you get the point**

Jackie said...

What a great report!! I admire all of you so much for your work and dedication to this event.Due to extenuating circumstances, we haven't been involved except through prayer...but the week ain't over yet!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very energizing, this event. Glad to hear the Spirit is in you :)

Loved your comment on The Three Musketeers; WOW! A bite on the boob trumps a smack on the butt every time!

Momofthree said...

I hate that I'm not there to attend the nightly event! My mom is keeping "Em" while we're gone on our trip. Talked to her last night and all of them had just returned from the event. She said it was WONDERFUL and that they would be going the remainder of the evenings. I think our community is so fortunate to have the Power Team in our town. Thanks for all your efforts/work to help bring them to our community!

Anonymous said...

My two girls have crushes too. And "A" suddenly wants to start lifting weights.

Can't wait to go tonight and chek it out!

Way to go for your helping hands.