Saturday, January 19, 2008

Randomness Galore

Mrs. 4444 from over at Half-Passed Kissin' Time has tagged for a meme! I am still not sure what the word 'meme' actually means, but I get the general idea behind it so I shall give it my best shot.

THE "RULES"

Link to the person who tagged you.

Post the rules on your blog.

Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.

Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.


Here are my six non-important things/habits/quirks:

1. I am a flossaholic. I floss way, way too often. I carry floss with me at all times and it is hard for me to wait until I am out of a restaurant before I start flossing (sometimes I don't wait).

2. I am toebidextrius. I use my toes like extra sets of hands. I can can cook, clean and pick my nose with my toes. Oh I kid. But I really can pick stuff up with them very well.

3. I used to be really, really afraid of clowns. Okay, I still am afraid of clowns, but not as bad as I used to be.

4. I sat in the bathroom at lunch for almost an entire school year in high school because I feared that when I went inside the cafeteria to sit at a table everyone would get up and leave.

(In defense of my weirdness I was incredibly shy and had zero self confidence. What's odd about this is that I wasn't unattractive or unliked. In fact I had lots of honors to make me feel better about myself such as class favorite, most beautiful, most friendly, valentine sweetheart, homecoming queen court...blah blah, but for some reason that was never enough to make me feel good about myself. To this day I don't know why I was like that. For a very long time after we married Dave would not allow me to put myself down and that helped, but what helped most of all was teaching. The unconditional love of hundreds of children healed my defective self esteem like nothing else ever could. )

5. I can make balloon animals.

6. I wrote a children's book called 'Washing Wishes.' Don't be impressed. It wasn't good enough to be published, but I did write it!

I'm not going to tag anyone right now because I think most of my blogging friends just completed a meme of their own. I'll just leave an open invitation for anyone that wants to play along. Have fun! (but not freaky clown fun cause that would just be creepy)

6 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I do believe this was your nicest post ever. Just sweet. Thanks for playing along...

That clown thing...that's how I feel about aspargus.

Jax said...

Well I thought your book was awesome....I think its a beautiful book!

Anonymous said...

'Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns'

It's not that uncommon. I forget what we were discussing a few months ago on my blog and somehow, the subject of clowns entered the conversation. You're definitely not alone in being afraid of Bozo! I know LOTS of little kids are terrified of them, and why not...a big creature with white skin, gigantic hands and feet, huge red lips, an enormous nose, bizarre hair, and weird clothing - sounds like a nightmare to me.

I'm worse than you. I carry floss *and* a little toothbrush. lol

Anonymous said...

Okay,I've got to see evidence of the balloon animals. All I ever saw were balloon, er, body parts. I never laughed so hard.
I also believe that clowns are inherently evil. Except maybe rodeo clowns. They actually serve a purpose.
And your book just hasn't been published YET.
The fact that you have found your self-confidence through the love you share with children is no small non-important thing, either. How wnderful that you found your positive self-esteem by helping students find theirs!

Jackie said...

I wanna read your book!!!

(also! I want a step by step recipe of the cream cheese thingy you made for the bereavement meal)

De-li-ci-ous!!!

Unknown said...

One of the first things I remember about you was you turning around and flossing after eating at game night. Nothing wrong with that, in fact I kind of admire it, I have to use a mirror.

I think clowns are creepy too.

Awesome book too. You should read it to the GT kids.