Sunday, January 6, 2008

Prayer Request

My cousin Taylor was attacked by a pack of wild dogs earlier today. So far all I know is that when they got her to the hospital part of her skull was exposed, her neck had been ripped open and that she had no feeling in her hands (they fear spinal cord damage I think). They say she is in pretty bad shape and has been care flighted out. She is Lauren's age and has no parents (lives with her grandmother). Her mother died when she was a few weeks old and she never knew her father. Please add her to your prayer list. I know this blog doesn't reach very many people, but every prayer helps.

Thank you all and God Bless.

Edit: Ran home at lunch to post a quick update for you. I called the hospital and Tayler (I spelled it correctly this time Jax- nannie nannie) answered the phone herself. She really sounded like she was in good spirits. They had to repair 36 areas during surgery and there were at least that many more puncture wounds that they cleaned and left to heal on their own. She was out skating alone when a Pit Bull attacked her. She fell to the ground and covered her head and then another dog joined in...and another and another until SIX dogs were attacking her at once. Finally a wonderful and brave woman drove by and saw them attacking her and honked her horn repeatedly to scare the dogs away. When that didn't work she grabbed one of her golf clubs and jumped out of her car and beat the dogs off of Tayler. As far as I am concerned this woman is a hero. Anyway, Tayler isn't sure when she gets to come home, but her life isn't in danger and she has all the feeling in her hands now. Praise God. Continue to pray for a speedy recovery (physically, mentally and emotionally). Thank you!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awful! She and her grandmother will be in my prayers. Please post an update as soon as one comes available.

Kristin said...

I am sorry to hear this. Your cousin will definitely be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! I'll keep her in my thoughts and hope her body will heal itself given some time and good medical care.

These kinds of attacks are becoming frighteningly common; we have them here too, although they are mostly one or two dogs at a time.

Jax said...

Well she is still in surgery, they thought it would be a two hour ordeal, but they have told the family it will be a while longer, apparently what we thought were wild dogs were actually pets, six of them . One of the owners is very remorsful, while a different owner wants proof it was thier dogs before they have them quarientined. Just goes to show you that apparently stupidity and ignorance runs just as wild in that town as the dogs.

Christy said...

Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts and prayers. And thanks to you jax for the update. I haven't heard anything new this morning. Six dogs?? I didn't realize it was SIX. I was picturing two or three. Sigh. Poor Taylor (actually I just remembered that she spells it Tayler and if she saw how I've been spelling it she'd kill me...she totally hates it when we spell it wrong).

Llama Momma said...

Oh, my.

Praying for her right now...

Jax said...

Well I spell it wrong too, and was going to point out that you did....just kidding...her surgery took about 3 hours...Dr said he repaired 36 wounds but there was atleast that many more that did not need suturing...he did have to remove some tissue from her thigh that was necrotic, but thinks there won't be any damage to the muscle (so thank goodness she is ummmm a lil chunky like me). He used 6 liters of medicine to flush the wounds during surgery, and she will be on antibiotics for a while, but his only concern for her now will be infection.
**Please note I got this update from my mother at around midnight lastnight and since I was half asleep I hope it is close to being correct**

John Deere Mom said...

Oh my gosh...that story gave me goose bumps. I hope she gets home soon and recovers fully. I know there are probably some pit bulls out there that are nice, but it sure makes it hard to believe when all you hear are horrible stories like this. I am a big animal lover, but I sure hope those dogs don't live to hurt someone else.

Sharon said...

Bless her heart. She is in my prayers. I was gled to see that she was in good spirits. You are right, that woman is a hero!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. My heart goes out to Tayler and her family. They are in my prayers.