Monday, January 7, 2008

Love Note With A Twist

This morning while I was showering a wave of hubba, hubba husband love washed over me. You know, the kind of feeling that a wife can only feel early in the morning BEFORE their hubby actually wakes up and opens his mouth and ruins a perfectly good moment.

Oh I kid. My husband never annoys me when he opens his mouth (I love you honey!!! You can go back to watching ESPN now. Muah!).

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, I was in the showering feeling all warm and lovey dovey (gosh, that sounds dirty. What is with my blogging lately??). Well, while I was feeling sappy I spotted Brookie's bathtub markers and that gave me a grand idea. Dave always showers after I do so I decided to take the red marker and write a big giant I HEART U on the shower wall for him to find. After that was done I went back to my normal showering routine and smiled stupidly to myself as I thought of his reaction to my note. I thought of the way my serious, quiet, anal retentive husband would smile and...

Wait....anal retentive....he is anal retentive and he is going to climb into this shower and see my note and instead of a little love note left to make him smile he is going to see RED MARKER on his SHOWER WALL and he is going to FLIP OUT. He has never given the girls a bath. He'd have no idea what shower markers were. Well poohdunkle. Now what was I going to do? I really didn't want to wash it off. I wanted to surprise him with a note in the shower, but I didn't want to make him angry. So I did this:




In case you can't read it, the note ended up saying: I HEART U (don't freak...this is a tub marker).

After I amended my little note I once again returned to my regularly scheduled shower and then halfway through washing my hair I started to giggle. What kind of love note was that? Who wrote an amendment to a love note? The more I thought about it the harder I giggled at myself. I almost decided to erase it all and forget the whole thing, but then it occurred to me that there was nothing wrong with my note. It may not be a typical love note, but it was OUR kind of love note and it was perfect...perfect for us. So I left it and guess who loved it?

My anal retentive husband loved it, that's who.

9 comments:

Jax said...

Too CUTE! Very smart thinking....I wish I had those kind of thoughts about Scotty while I was in the shower...he crosses my mind but usually its **Gosh I hope he doesn't have to come in here and poop..what would be worse...flushing the toliet when he is done and the water scalding me to death, or not to flush because he doesn't want to scald me** No win situation!

Llama Momma said...

How fun!!!

Kristin said...

Hahaha, oh how funny!
I love those tub markers! My suite mates and I had those my sophomore year in college. Our shower was always full of fun notes!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable. I have to go and buy some of those but I just know that when I leave a note *I* is going to yell,"there's something written on the wall in here...bring me my glasses!" LOL

Jackie said...

I 'heart you' more every post I read! Your warm humor captures me!

Tammie said...

You go gurl!

John Deere Mom said...

So cute and romantic! I have thought of leaving a message on the fogged up mirror for my hubby to read after his shower, but never remember to do it! Maybe after reading this, I will! :)

joyfuljourney said...

You are so romantic!!

One of the things I enjoy most about your blog is getting a glimpse at the real hubby!

So, he's just a great big, anal-retentive teddy bear?

Anonymous said...

Before I went on a trip a couple of years ago I wrote on our bathroom mirror in lipstick " I "heart" U and then I kissed the mirror. When I got home it was still there. I also leave little notes around that say SHMILY (See How Much I Love You). He has left hearts in the fogged up mirror and shower.

We have to hold on to that romance in whatever way we can, don't we?