Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday

I want to clarify something. A friend told me last night that my last post sounded 'weird'. When I asked what they meant they said that it sounds like I want Lauren to be sick.

That is absolutely not true!

Lauren is already sick. I wish she wasn't, but she is and the disease she has is cyclic. That means she has days that the tumor doesn't secrete at all. I was just trying to say in my last post that I am afraid that the tumor won't secrete at all this week and this trip won't be very fruitful. It's not that I want her to be sick ever. I don't...never, ever. But if she is going to be sick I want it to show up while we are here having these tests done.

Clear as mud?

As for today it has not been a very eventful day. We were up at 12:00 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. for blood draws and a saliva test. Then again at four and eight for blood work and to finish up another 24 hour urine test. We are meeting with Dr. Ludlam later today and starting some test that requires her to take dexamethasone every six hours through Friday and then they will inject some other type of medication into her (that will make her really sick) and they will draw blood every thirty minutes for a few hours to see how her pituitary is reacting to the injection. I anticipate lots of seizures from this test. If she has too many seizures part of her brain shuts down and she looks like she had a stroke. It's scary when that happens. The last time it did we spent a week in the epi unit.

I will post again after we meet with Dr. Ludlam.

Thanks so much for all the prayer and support. You are all so amazing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl- you've been in this for the long haul and I TOTALLY get what you were saying in your previous post.... the last thing you want is for her to be "sick" - but she's been "sick" for so long - you're just ready to know exactly what you're dealing with so you can actually "deal" with it! (treat it) -

Love ya lots!
Hollie

Jax said...

I totally got your last post, and you wanting her to be sick was the last thing on my mind when I read it, you just want whatever they need to see in her labs/testing to be there, so you guys don't have to go through this until it does decide to show up...NO ONE can fault you for that hunni, they would feel the same way if they were in your shoes.

Sarah said...

Wow, what a brave little girl you have there! I'll keep her in my prayers.

I gave you an award on my blog whenever you have time to slow down!

Momofthree said...

I'm praying for you and Lauren. I hope things are going well.

my 9 lives +2 said...

Hi my name is kitty i am the mother of a 29yr old daughter named Sommer.
I know your journey well Dr. Ludlum is sommers doctor. She has had strange health issues since birth. We
are hopefull the second round of test results will point him in the right direction.

good luck
p.s we live just 40miles from seattle
in tacoma