Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prayer Request

I was halfway done with a light and fun post when I received a text from home (we are in the hospital in Seattle right now) saying that two brothers from the town where I live were in an accident. They are both wonderful people with wonderful families and beautiful sweet, children. Neither are doing well at all. Obviously I stopped writing my post and turned my attention to praying. If you read this, whether you know them or not, please, please pray for these men. Their names are Tyler and Trey. They need all the prayers they can get right now.

I had so much to tell everyone, but that will have to wait. For now here is a quick update on us. We made it safely to Seattle and are settled in at the hospital. Tomorrow is by far our easiest day of the week. Lauren has a few tests first thing in the morning (just starting a 24 hour urine test and having a few blood tests done). Then at one she has her PICC line put in. She is really nervous about this, but I know she'll do great. Then I think we are done for the day. We will start her blood draws and the other tests at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday and will have to report to the lab four or five times before dawn for tests (and then she'll have lots more during the day Tuesday).

I will update again tomorrow night. Please pray for Trey and Tyler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend- I've already said a prayer, for your request and for you and Lauren! Christy- you are so wonderful! I miss you so much, but thank the Lord that he made you so good with words.... I LOVE reading your blog... it makes me feel like we're still in the same town.... except I don't get to talk back to you. (o:
Know that you are always in my prayers and I'm anxiously awaiting to hear your report each and every day!
I love you girlfriend of mine-
Hollie
P.S. Do I have your right cell number? Mine has not changed sinced the last time I called - so if yours hasn't either, let me know. If so, then call me so I'll have it... please?! Tell you what- I'll just try to call you this evening and see!

I love you!!!!!