Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday

Today was a good day. Well it was good unless you are the alarm clock in our room, in which case you might have been hit once or eight times. We are in the middle of 32 hours of blood draws that started at 12:01 this morning. We have to get up, get dressed, go down to the Ambulatory Infusion Center, get the tests done, go back to our room, lay down, close our eyes, hear a loud beeping and beat the alarm clock and then get up and start it all again. We repeated this process several times last night and today (minus the part about getting dressed...eventually we just went in our pj's). We will be testing the same way tonight and all day tomorrow. It's quite exhausting.

Lauren is feeling pretty well. She still has some pain where the PICC line was put in, she had some chest pressure/pain after a cortysn stim test, and some dizziness when walking around. Other than that she has had nothing negative to say.

Unless you think calling the alarm clock a doodie head is negative.

Tomorrow we meet with Dr. Ludlam. I think I told some of you that we have the CT scan and MRI tomorrow, but I was mistaken. Those happen on Thursday. Tomorrow is just lots more blood work and the doctor's appointment.

I must admit I am ready to go home already. I miss Dave and Brookie. Plus the TAKS scores came in and I wasn't there to congratulate my students (who all did really well on their reading tests). I'll just have to give them big hugs when I get back.

I have met a few women here with Cushings. One girl went through this week long testing protocol three times with no high results to help her get to surgery. She finally got high results testing at home and is heading to surgery next week. It worries me to hear that kind of story. So many people helped with this trip and I feel like expectations are high for something big to happen on this trip. I hope we do get to the bottom of things quickly, but I'm worried it won't go that smoothly and people won't understand.

Oops...Brookie is calling from Mrs. Wilson's house (that's where she is staying tonight). Talk to you guys tomorrow!!






1 comment:

Jackie said...

"I'm worried it won't go that smoothly and people won't understand."

Oh, Christy Girl!! This should be the LEAST of your worries. In fact, no worry at all. In times like these, you'll be surprised how understanding people can really be!!

God is in control. He doen't want you to be concerned! Take Him at His word...

Love you...