Monday, December 3, 2007

Surf's Up Santa!



This is Cookie and the Santa she had to decorate for class. Her sister talked her into going with the 'surfer dude' look, and we all know that old St. Nick is well known for slashing up the waves.

Not.

I thought it turned out cute anyway (the Santa, not the picture. I took the pic with my phone and well, ewww).


In more holiday news, here is a copy of Brookie's letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,

Please bring me a PINK electric guitar, a picture of you and your wife and something awesome. Thank you for working so hard to bring all us good kids toys. I looks really hard. I will leave more cookies for you this year and more food for your reindeer.

Love,
Cookie

If anybody has any ideas about what something 'awesome' is be sure and let me know. I asked and she said that Santa will know. And don't ask about the picture. I have no clue what that's about unless it's her way of proving to herself that Santa is real.

Lauren wants a guitar also (not electric and not pink) and a marshmallow gun. At least she was a little more specific. I can work with a list like that.

Drama Dad bought himself a new boat and that is all that boy is getting (yes, he bought it at Christmas time and yes, it caused me a mild heart attack, but I am feeling better now.)

As for me, I want earplugs (in case you didn't notice that was TWO guitars people...oh yes, I want really, really good earplugs).







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Santa should check Hastings in Wichita for guitars, that's where my mom got A's & B's last year. A's is 3/4 size.He plays the cool riff from Smoke on the Water-"duhduhduh da da dada" and that's about it!My Dad is supposedly going to teach lessons at the church sometime in the future.Santa could also ask Lynn Finley for marshmallow gun plans-the scout troops made them one summer out of pvc. Pretty cool-Aiden loves his.

Last year A's santa wore an astronaut suit, complete with a helmet made from a ziploc bag. It is stillon the fridge.I buy my parents "Santa at the beach" stuff because they are beach bums at heart. So we heart Cookies Santa.

joyfuljourney said...

Oh man, Cookie's Santa is so cool!! We just didn't get all that creative with ours!

My niece had to do the same thing with her Thanksgiving Turkey. Hers was a showgirl. It won first place!

Momofthree said...

I think both of us need to ask Santa from some ear plugs. My middle child is asking Santa for a drum set!! I can hardly wait!! Good thing his room is UPSTAIRS!