Thursday, December 27, 2007

Brookie hearts Build-a-Bear

Brooklyn and I ventured out yesterday with the bajillions of people who went shopping the day after Christmas (I kid you not, there really were bajillions...or maybe even trajillionbajillions). All the traffic made me long for home and it's population of 14 people. The reason we braved the masses in the metroplex was to visit the most glorious and wondrous place on the earth (according to Brookie), Build-a-Bear. Personally I find all the unstuffed animal skins lying about a bit too Silence of the Lambs for me (kidding Brookie, now stop reading my blog and go clean your room!!).


Mumsie gave Brooklyn a gift card for 100 dollars. That is mucho monieo (I speak fluent Pretendish...that means I pretend I can speak another language) for a little person such as herself to spend in one place. I didn't think she could actually spend that much in one shopping trip.


I was so wrong.


We walked out of that store with outfits and pajamas and shoes and panties and glasses and hats and purses and coats and....well, you get the picture. When all the glorious shopping was complete we headed back to my parents where the population was much smaller (and the people were way nuttier...too much pumpkin cheesecake appears to make people way too jovial).


I took the following picture exactly six minutes after we left Build-a-Bear.



She shopped til she dropped. The child has no shopping stamina. Clearly I have failed as a mother and a woman.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like she had a great time, and I bet you did too. My nieces love that place. You haven't failed. It takes time to build up the all day stamina we enjoy. I'd say she was right on track!

Llama Momma said...

What a great gift for her. My boys LOVE build-a-bear. But they've only been once...and their bears only have one t-shirt each!

Christy said...

Sharon- I have a dark, dark secret. I don't like too shop. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. Occasionally I do enjoy it, but we are usually too poor for me to get much pleasure from spending money.

llama momma-Oh my she has so many bears and way too many clothes. She is addicted. Is there a Build-a-Bear rehab out there??