Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Know What You Did Last Christmas (a.k.a. A Scary Story)

The following is a true account of something that happened in my very own house in the wee hours of the night. I saw something very scary. So scary, in fact, that the mere sight of it caused me to scream loudly enough to wake my family. (And the dogs). (And Fatty McFat Fish). (And the neighbors). If you do not like horror films or ghost stories or your hair turning white with fright, then I suggest you don't read any further.


Early, early this morning when the house was still and dark, I had one of those mommy feelings. No, not the feeling that says 'I need a vacation!', but the one that says, 'I need to go check on my babies.' As you know there is no rolling over and going back to sleep after that feeling grabs hold of you. So I very carefully and quietly crept from my bedroom, through the kitchen and rounded the corner of the living room. That's when I saw this...






Only it was dark. And I am night blind. And maybe it said, "mwaah haa haa haa, I am the headless shirt and I came to find my missing head." (I am not sure about that last one. It is all kinda fuzzy).

Okay, okay. It was just Dave's shirt. He got it out last night and for some reason decided to put it on an old plant hook in the living room instead instead of hanging it in the laundry room like he normally does. I know it's just a shirt, but for some reason it scared the daylights outta me! So I screamed like an eight year old girl and ran shamelessly for my life, never pausing to protect my children from it's evil, starched clutches.


Yes, I am a terrible person. Now if you will excuse me I have to go change my pants.

5 comments:

Tammie said...

LOL! really L!

I have a toilet bowl brush story for ya sometime...just a hint: my roommate taught me how to hang the brush under the rim to dry b/4 putting it away. And I cleaned my bathroom b/4 I went to bed one night...(and I'm legally blind w/o my contacts). How's that for a clincher???

Birdydownunder said...

very funny. Seasons Greetings to The Drama Family. dur dur dur.

Unknown said...

Tammie- I can't wait to hear THAT story.

SMC- Thanks for stopping by my blog. Season greetings to you and yours as well.

Marty Devine said...

Um...aren't ALL shirts headless???

Unknown said...

Marty- the one I am wearing right now isn't.

And that was the point. I shouldn't have been afraid. It was just a shirt.

I am going to start calling your smarty marty.