Thursday, December 20, 2007

Brooklyn's Good Hair Day

Brookie had her little Christmas program tonight. She looked so cute! I really feel like we reached a milestone tonight. She actually let Lauren and I curl her hair and she liked it! This is a big deal people. For the past seven hundred and ninety-two days she has worn her hair in a ponytail. No bows. No clips. No ribbons. Just a plain old rubber band and a plain old ponytail. My heart was breaking and my fashion sense was begging her for mercy. How could a child of mine care so little about her appearance? It just didn't make sense! She was worried about stuff like comfort. And warmth. What was that all about?

But tonight, finally, the Angel of Fashion and Style smiled upon my family and blessed us with the gift of big, beautiful hair. (Okay it didn't stay big, I tried like the true child of the eighties I am, but she told me to not get carried away. So, I had to tame it. Sniff. Sniff.). But it was still beautiful and best of all it was not in a ponytail. Praise be to God in the Heavens.


She did great in her little program. The only glitch was her shoes. She wore shoes that maybe didn't fit perfectly, but the LOOKED GOOD and really, that's what matters here (I am kidding, they were a little big, but didn't hurt). She was afraid they would fall off so she walked out onto the stage like some kind of Fashion Diva Nutcracker...all stiff legs and pointed toes. She was afraid her shoes would fall off so she didn't want to bend anything (not sure why that helped, but whatever keeps her happy). She was front row center and did great. Actually they ALL did great. I was very proud of all the children from every class. They were all adorable.


Now for the pictures. Let me apologize for the poor quality. I keep taking pictures with my phone and it doesn't really take good quality pictures, but I don't care because I love my phone. I mean love it, love it. The way I love chocolate and my kids (not necessarily in that order). Anyway here are the crummy pictures my beloved phone took of my lovely daughter (with her hair curled...yay!)



Please ignore the Playboy Bunny in the second picture. That was from my past life. Before I was a mom. Or a Baptist.
(that was a joke people)

4 comments:

Momofthree said...

She looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Good hair day, dirty hair, she is beautiful. Just like her sister. I guess Dave can do something right aftr all. Or at least part of him. I knew you would have attractive children my whole life, well at least till you got marrried. Thats when I got a litle worried.

You know i'm just joking. David is a handsome , wonderful man and brother-in-law! ANd if nothing else you have two smart, charming, caring, beautiful girls to prove it.

Christy said...

momofthree- thanks!!!

fragile- You crack me up. We do make beautiful children don't we? (despite our hubbies)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! She looks beautiful!!!