Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh no he didn't

Dr. Ludlam's office called with Lauren's results while I was out buying VBS supplies. Dave didn't answer the phone. Yes, you heard me right.

HE DIDN'T ANSWER THE PHONE.

He said he'd rather I talked to them. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to hear what they have to say. I guess that's okay since I won't have time to talk to them tonight anyway. I will be terribly busy building a dog house for my husband to sleep in. It's not going to be one of those hoity toity dog houses either. You know, the kind with the air conditioning and the fluffy little beds. Oh no, he's sleeping in a crappy dog house like my dogs had when I was growing up. Only I'm not putting in hay to make a soft bed like my dad did for our dogs. No, that's too good for him.

Oh I kid. I'm not that mean.

I will add the hay.

Kidding!!! Geez, what kind of monster do you think I am? I would never tell my husband to sleep in a dog house. I'm not that kind of wife. I am kind, loving and compasionate.

He can have the couch.


My VBS shopping went okay. I'm all finished now and have everything I need for next week. I felt kinda odd buying some of the stuff on my list though. Like the 24 boxes of corn starch. I think I've bought a total of one box of corn starch in 17 years of marriage. So it's no surprise that when I was checking out and stacking all 24 boxes on the conveyor belt that it raised some eyebrows. It's also no surprise that I was insulted when the woman in line behind me asked if I ate a lot of cream pies. I guess I shouldn't have told her that she wasn't going to blow away anytime soon either.

What? How was I supposed to know you used corn starch in cream pies??

I am totally kidding. I didn't say that to her, but I did momentarily wonder why she thought I looked fat. Granny would be ashamed. I should learn to make pies.

The girls and I went to see Made of Honor today before I did my shopping. Lauren wanted to see Made of Honor. Brookie wanted to see the new Narnia film. I just based my decision on which movie to see on what was showing the quickest after we got there. It turned out to be Made of Honor, which was fine by me, but not so fine by Brookie. About ten minutes into the movie she said, "This Narnia doesn't look anything like the first one."

She's in the Gifted and Talented program at school ya'll. I bet you can see why.

Okay. I better go. It's hard for Dave to know I'm giving him the silent treatment when I'm in the other room writing in my blog. I better go in the living room so I can ignore him properly.

If you are going to do something, you might as well do it right.

4 comments:

Momofthree said...

Oh no! Did you put all the remotes in the dog house?? It wouldn't be a man's dog house without at least one remote! Don't bother putting the cordless phone, b/c it would go unanswered! LOL!

Glad your VBS shopping went well. When I hear VBS I just want to SCREAM. I'm ready to get it over with and enjoy summer. Don't get me wrong...I do enjoy it, but the all the prep work drives me CRAZY!

I hope the Dr. calls you first thing today. I know you're anxious to hear from him.

Have a great day!

Tammie said...

VBS??????????????? Yeah, well, I'm getting there.

It's gonna be a blast!

John Deere Mom said...

You are CRACKING me up!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are a funny one!! :)

Hey, I haven't seen JAX in here lately. Is everything okay??