Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Next time I'll just buy them floaties

Holy cow with a bell on! What a day, what a day. Today in my Bible Blast station at VBS we walked on water. It was a wacky, crazy day for my station and it was also a very. big. mess. Oh my what a mess it was. It took like three and a half days (or maybe just an hour) to clean up all the 'walking on water' residue (a.k.a. big, goopy, mess) that we made. It was totally worth all the work and mess and cleaning up though because I think the children really loved today's adventure and had a chance to really experience a Bible story.

It just might have been a little easier to handle all the chaos if they'd have let me sniff color with the permanent markers for a little while. I couldn't find them today though. I think somebody hid them.

I really can't imagine why.

The fun didn't stop with the walking on water either. Oh no it did not because we are all about the fun here! Next they got to go upstairs and make flarp in the science lab. You know the stuff...it's that goo that makes a big, loud, obnoxious fart sound when you put your fingers in it. Each child made a container of it to take home from VBS.

'Cause you know, nothing really says Jesus loves you like a humongo fart.

I know that every time I hear someone pass gas I just smile and say, "Why thank you! Jesus loves you too." Or maybe I say, "Oh my gosh David! You smell like the hind-end of a sick skunk and if you do that one more time your butt in sleeping outside with the other skunks!"

Whatever. It's practically the same thing and it's all said with love.

Ahem.

Moving right along...I received an email from the neurosurgeon that we want to do Lauren's surgery (if we ever finally get to that point) and he said that he sees not one, but two areas that are hypo intense that could both be tumors. Or they may not be. Right. That's real clear. So where does that leave us? Relying on the endocrine testing to tell us we need surgery. That would be just fine if her symptoms weren't cyclic. But they are so now we have to catch things when they are 'high' and get enough 'high' results in a row to get the insurance company and even some of the doctors convinced that it's time for surgery. To me we've had plenty of 'highs', but I'm not a doctor and I do appreciate that they are being cautious. They can't go around ordering brain surgery all willy-nilly. I am just a tad anxious to get this over with and to get my baby better!

Please just continuing praying for wisdom (on both our part and that of her doctors) and also pray for patience while we wait. She sure doesn't feel very well a lot of the time and that makes patience just pretty darn hard to come by.

Tre is hollering for me to come play Club Penguin with him. Again. For the thousandth time. Can you tell I am excited?

I'll talk to you interpeeps later. Til then love and farts ya'll...love and farts (that means Jesus love you...in case you forgot).

5 comments:

Momofthree said...

It never fails....every time I read your blog I just burst into laughter!!!!

Emily enjoyed walking on the water...she said it was REALLY COOL.

She has also enjoyed making sounds with that FLART stuff. At least that FLART stuff doesn't have a distinct odor that usually accompanies that distinct sound!

Eryn has enjoyed the lovin' she's received from Lauren this week!!

Tammie said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!

On a serious note, something you said today in your presentation HIT HOME! Peter took his eyes off Jesus, but Jesus NEVER took His eyes off Peter! That was VERY profound to me and I think it was just what the Doctor ordered.

Thanx! And thanks for the trouble, cuz it was a really amazing experience to walk on that water. I'll never forget it!

Heather said...

Oh my stars, this is a funny post!! According to your theory, my husband makes sure the we are aware of the Lord's love regularly. Tee hee hee

KimmyJ said...

I don't know that backstory, but I am praying for Lauren.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is beginning to be like Saturday Night Live does VBS. First there was "Get High (legally)for Jaysus," then "Fart for Jaysus," now I hear there is "Wet T-Shirt Contest for Jaysus(no tips please)." Y'all might really be on to something here. I think we could make some money with this line of thinking. I mean I think we could bring souls to the Lord...

I'm so glad my kids are experiencing the Lord with you this week. And that sounds really funny after the above paragraph but whatever.

And "Holy Cow with the bell on"- that's good.