Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Play that funky music Gabriel

'Dancing with the Angels' by Monk and Neagle was one of the songs we chose for my little sister's funeral. I love the song (and the group). Last night I was lying in bed wide awake (apparently sadness robs one of the ability to sleep) and I tried to imagine Shanna dancing. Since she had a bone disease and her hip was fused at a young age, dancing was not something I ever really got to enjoy watching Shanna do. I tried and tried to wrap my mind around the image. I just couldn't see it.

Suddenly a picture popped into my head. In it she was surrounded by a crowd of angels, smiling for all she was worth and saying...

You put your right wing in, you put your right wing out, you put your right wing in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...that's what it's all about!!

She can do the hokey pokey now (and any other moves she cares to bust out with) and is getting to spend time with her heavenly Father.

And that folks is what it really is all about.

You go girl.

5 comments:

Llama Momma said...

Praying for you in your grief.

Tammie said...

thanx for sharing your heart and that song

Jackie said...

Thanks, Christy...

Anonymous said...

She definitely looks like an angel in the photo you last posted.

My heart goes out to you.

Jax said...

It was a beautiful song...you know she is dancing her heart out...and running....and skipping...and best of all she isn't hurting. I have no idea how you are doing....really doing, but I have thought of all of you guys alot. Okay I am bauling again....just know I love you and thinking of you, and everyone. I know it hurts, but again....I am so glad she isn't hurting now.
Anyway...I love you!