Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meet Pablo


Is he not pitiful? My parents bought this guinea pig for my girls. They had begged and begged and begged and begged and then begged some more for a guinea pig. Their dad said no and no and no and no and then he said no some more. My parents thought they'd be clever and buy one for them themselves (they want the girls to have everything they could possibly want or need) (these are NOT the same people that raised me) because it would be a gift and nobody can say no to a gift. So they take the girls out one day and buy Pablo. Then they bring him home and say, "Surprise! We bought you a new pet." And Dave said, "Congratulations! You now own a guinea pig." They laughed because they didn't think he was serious.

Pablo has been living with them for a year now.

And live he does...like a king! Just look at how fat he is. My daddy spoils this rodent rotten (again I say these are not the people that raised me). I kid you not. He feeds him fresh veggies (a wide variety) twice a day. When Pablo's bowl gets empty he tumps it over. Then he tumps over everything else in his cage. And he makes this insistant little guinea pig sound that is kinda cute 'til you realize that he is mad and is probably saying something like, 'remember that time I peed on your pants? That wasn't an accident. And that was only the beginning. Now FEED ME.'

Okay. Now you've met Pablo. There was no real rhyme or reason behind this post. I just wanted to share the picture with you because I think it's hilarious. Hope it made you smile!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, for the life of Pablo!!

Cute, cute!

John Deere Mom said...

All I see when I look at that picture is Pablo's...you know....can't get past it! :)

Anonymous said...

I could hear Dave's voice telling them congratulations! Your writing definately has voice! Can you tell it's about time for TAKS?

Anonymous said...

He's adorable. Better them than me; that's for sure. I'm on hubby's side and am proud of him for sticking to his guns.

Anonymous said...

that is one large guinea pig!
We had some for a while and man can they multiply.. but never so large!! i'm sure its a fun pet!

Marty Devine said...

That is a freakishly large guinea pig! What the heck are they feeding it? Gamma irradiated pellets?

Guinea-Hulk SMASH!!!