Monday, February 18, 2008

Miss Grace

I recently ran across some old pictures that Lauren took. There were a few in there that really made me smile. Apparently Brookie was having trouble mastering the art of roller skating and being the supportive older sister that she is, Lauren decided to photograph her mishaps instead of trying to prevent them. I'm not sure where I was, I think at the hospital with my sister for the weekend. Anyway, I love these pictures...especially the last one. It's obvious the child takes after her mother. She is the epitamy of elegance and grace.










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Brookie not to worry...thank goodness that my brother doesn't have pics. I was great at skating in my younger years, however, I lost my center of gravity when I got older and I didn't know it! I went skating with my brother and his two kids one weekend and fell during the song, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall"! Talk about humiliation!

Jackie said...

Cute pictures! Lauren does a great job. I need to take some photography lessons!!

Jax said...

Well Brookie is so darn cute! Hoss tried skating once (besides the whole heely episode er I mean NIGHTMARE) It was awful, he has always lacked cordination, and his ability to do what other kids his age are doing is very difficult. Like trying to run and being flat footed! But anyway we went skating...he wanted me to hold his hands to help him balance...He weighs so much I couldn't help him, so everytime he fell, he thought I was pushing him down. Blah! Needless to say we haven't attended any of the birthday invites that are located at the skating ring....his choice! Oh! As always....Lauren takes awesome pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures as always. :)Can you believe my son's GF threw him a skating party for his 30th birthday? Remember up here 'skating' usually means either ice or inline skates. Thank goodness nobody was taking pictures out on the pad. I found out I haven't improved with age! Once a klutz...

Tammie said...

is that one of those 'sisterly love' looks that you blogged about?

joyfuljourney said...

That's how I look when I roller skate too!!

Looking forward to Brookie hanging with us this afternoon. I'll make sure the martinis (and all the other booze) are put away before she gets here!

Sorry, couldn't help myself!