Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Lauren


She amazes me. I am SO incredibly blessed to have her for a daughter. She is suffering in ways right now that I can't even begin to describe (and that she'd rather keep private) and yet she still finds beauty in the world around her.

She told me tonight that if she was on American Idol she would sing a song that told the world how great God is and for a moment I was ashamed at my own lack of faith. She is the one suffering and yet her faith is stronger than mine. Her favorite song is 'Praise You In This Storm' by Casting Crowns. The ability to praise God even in the midst of tribulation is a powerful thing. She is wise beyond her years. She always has been.

Now if only I can be as mature as my 13 year old...

4 comments:

Momofthree said...

Lauren is an amazing girl. I can't even imagine what she's going through. It is great that her faith is so strong. Her faith will get her through the hard times.

On a different note.....I'm still laughing about taking someone to the butt doctor. That was too funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

And they say 13 is an "ugly" age. I'm with you; 13 is beautiful.

Tammie said...

~that's a phenomenal picture and Lauren is even more phenomenal!

We love a supernatural God and I'm praying for the unnatural to manifest in this situation!

Anonymous said...

Tell Lauren that is my all time favorite song as well.... Love Hollie